Massimo Zamboni / Angela Baraldi / Cristiano Roversi – Sonata A Kreuzberg
|Artist:||Angela Baraldi Cristiano Roversi Massimo Zamboni|
|Genre:||Electronic New Wave Rock|
15,00€ – 22,00€
Soundtrack for the theatre show “Nessuna voce dentro – Berlino millenovecentottantuno”, from the namesake novel published by Einaudi in 2017, Sonata a Kreuzberg collects and reworks in a completely new way masterpieces of the years around 1981, when Zamboni spent his summer in Berlin, plus 4 unreleased tracks: two by Zamboni e two by Roversi.
The album’s songs – kind of black and white reinterpretations, dry to the bones versions cleaned up of those years exceeding aesthetic, are not only music masterpieces but mainly Massimo’s youth and Berlin period landmarks.
From Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes to Kebab Traume by DAF, passing through Berlin by Lou Reed and In The Garden by Einstürzende Neubauten, up to Afraid by Nico and a true gem such as Alabama Song by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill: Sonata a Kreuzberg is Massimo Zamboni’s personal sonic guide to “the city of ruins”.
1) Unterwegs (unreleased: Cristiano Roversi)
2) Alabama song (Weill – Brecht)
3) Ein dunkel Herr (unreleased: Massimo Zamboni)
4) Der Räuber und der Prinz (D.A.F.)
5) In the garden (Einstürzende Neubauten)
6) Afraid (Nico)
7) Pazl ist tot (Fehlfarben)
8) Bette Davis eyes (Kim Carnes)
9) Hundsgemein (Ideal)
10) Kebab Träume (D.A.F.)
11) Berlin (Lou Reed)
12) Superfly (unreleased: Cristiano Roversi)
13) Allarme (CCCP)
14) La città imperiale (unreleased: Massimo Zamboni)